Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Isle of Skye, Highlands, Scotland

If there is a place in this world for everyone, I have found mine. 
I have done a decent amount of traveling and the Isle of Skye was possibly the most beautiful place I've ever been.The landscape and views are just amazing.

Portree Horbor

The main town of Skye, Portree, is a good place to use as base. There are few hotels and many B&Bs. I stayed at The Isles Inn and I highly recommend it. The pub downstairs is the best and most popular in town, and their restaurant is great too.






I have done The Old Man of Storr is one of the most popular scenic spots to visit in Skye. Is roughly a 3-hours walk, the views change from forest to mountain, and once you look back you see a beautiful view of the sea. Definitely a must-see in Skye.






I think Skye is a very romantic place. The history, the legends, the scenery, the weather, and the music combine to produce something very special. 


Dunvegan Castle

The scenery there is both beautiful and remote. There is so little evidence of human habitation in vast area of mountains and coast line. 







 There is a dream I have. One day I will go back and live there.




No comments:

Post a Comment