Monday, June 6, 2011

Les Mees, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, France

A town so small and so charming at the same time! It is exiled from all the Provence touristy places and is not easy to get there. It would be much easier if you have a car. But I don’t regret, for any moment, my decision to take the De Pignes train from Nice to Digne du Bagne. The landscapes I saw from the train left me speechless.



Les Mees is known for Le Penitance, a group of rocks aligned along the village on the foothills of the Alps. These rocks rise, as if triumphant, to the sky.


I booked a nice Gite in a traditional Provencal house (B & B).
  




There, I decided to take a break from my daily activities, and enjoy Provence’s best offering: gastronomy. The plentiful breakfast (muffins, fresh fruit berries, and jams), the sophisticated preparations, and refined cheese plates.
That was what I did for a whole week while I was there. I ate, tried Madam Olga’s (my host) aperitif drinks, or got myself lost in a story from a novel by the pool.



No comments:

Post a Comment